Your eyes are pretty important, which is why getting a comprehensive eye exam is essential for maintaining healthy vision and overall health. And the good news is you don’t have to search for “places to get eye exams near me,” you can just visit your nearest For Eyes or a nearby Independent Doctor of Optometry.
See how regular comprehensive exams can help you feel confident in your vision by scheduling your appointment now. Or if you want to know what happens in a For Eyes comprehensive eye exam, we’ll walk you through it below.
What happens during an eye exam?
During your eye exam, your optometrist will:
- Check the health of your eyes through a series of tests. These test will check for near- and far-sightedness as well as for eye conditions and diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts and more.
- The optometrist will also check for underlying medical conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes which can also be detected during an eye exam. Early detection of these conditions can make treatment easier and more successful.
- During or after the exam, you should also ask any questions about your eyes and share any complaints about your vision with your optometrist to address any concern you have.
We also offer comprehensive eye exams for children because regularly scheduled eye exams are just as vital to your child’s development and overall health as annual physicals.
A comprehensive eye exam includes:
- Talking about any needs or concerns you have with your vision.
- Analysis of current glasses/contact lenses.
- Assessment of overall eye health.
- Examining eyes individually and together.
- Personal vision advice from the optometrist.