Your glasses are a wonderful addition to your wardrobe. In the amount of time it takes to put them on, you can go from casual and sporty to stylish and professional. Whatever type of look you hope to adapt, your frames can do it for you.
Just keep in mind that every so often, you may need to upgrade your eyewear since it can get damaged over time, and your eye prescription can change. How long do glasses’ frames last? Let’s discuss.
How long do glasses’ frames last?
As you might expect, some frames last longer than others. Frames made from durable materials, such as metal, tend to hold up better against day-to-day life. If you drop your glasses, the frames may also be less likely to break (though you’ll need to find the right type of lens to go with them).
How long do glasses’ frames last on average? Most frames are good for between one to three years, though they can last for up to 10 years with proper care.
Here are some tips to help your eyewear last longer:
- Clean your glasses every day. To wash your frames, you’ll want to use Dawn dish soap or an eyeglass cleaning solution given to you by an eye specialist at For Eyes. With clean hands, lather the lenses and frames with the cleaning solution using slow motions. Pay close attention to the nose pads and temples since they tend to accumulate debris. Then, rinse them with lukewarm water, and dry them using a clean microfiber cloth.
- Get adjustments and screw replacements as needed. Staying on top of adjustments and screw replacements can keep your eyewear in excellent condition. If you need these services, you can enjoy them for free at your local For Eyes.
- Never keep your glasses in the car. Hot and cold temperatures can manipulate your lenses and frames, so it’s best to store them in an eyeglass case inside your purse or your home.
- Select the right frames for your lifestyle. Your age, activity level, and what you do all play roles in how long your frames can last. Feel free to ask an optical specialist for recommendations before picking out your frames. Our team can match you with eyewear that’s as durable as you need it to be.
How can you get new glasses?
If you’d like to know how to get new glasses, you’re in luck. It’s simple. All you’ll need is your eye prescription and to choose a pair of frames. For Eyes offers trendy eyewear from brands such as Oakley, Prada, Ray-Ban, and more.
And if you don’t have an eye prescription, you can ask one of our friendly eye care members to schedule you a comprehensive eye exam. At the end of your appointment, the optometrist may prescribe you glasses that meet your vision requirements.
Unsure which frames would be right for you? These blogs provide all the advice you need for selecting new eyewear:
- How Do You Know Which Size of Glasses to Get for Your Face?
- How to Select Frames for Your Glasses
- Why You Should Know Your Face Shape Before Choosing Your Glasses’ Frames
Summary: How often should you get new glasses’ frames?
If you get the right eyewear from a reputable supplier, such as For Eyes, your glasses can serve you for years to come. How long do most glasses’ frames last? One to three years is the average, though that can vary depending on how well you take care of your eyewear.
To get new frames, you’ll need to bring your eye prescription into your nearest optical store. You can also book an eye appointment with our team to get a prescription if you don’t have one already.
If you need new, high-quality frames that last, For Eyes is the answer.
Come by today to browse our selection or to meet with an optometrist.