If you’re wondering, ‘How do I know the shape of my face to pick the right glasses?’, these three, simple guidelines can help.
How to Know the Shape of Your Face to Pick the Right Glasses
It’s necessary to know the shape of your face when selecting frames since the right style can help you look your best. Here is how to determine your face shape:
Step #1: Go to a mirror.
Get in front of a mirror to figure out your face shape. You’ll want to put your hair in a ponytail or bun to get a good look at the outline of your face.
Step #2: Trace your face.
The main facial features you’ll want to look at are your hairline and jawline. By using a dry-erase marker to trace your face, you can identify the widest parts of your face with ease.
Step #3: Find out the broadest parts of your face.
After tracing your features, you’ll be able to see whether your cheekbones, forehead, or jawline are wider. This will give you a good indication of your face shape.
Here are some things to know about the different types of faces:
- People with a heart-shaped face have a broad forehead and narrow chin.
- As someone with an oval-shaped face, your jawline is often narrower than your forehead. Your features may also appear long.
- For those with a round-shaped face, the length and width are the same all around, and there are no angles.
- In a square-shaped face, the cheekbones, forehead, and jawline are the same size. Your face will also have multiple sharp corners.
- For a triangle-shaped face, your forehead may be the largest point, and your face will narrow toward your jawline.
To find the right glasses based on your face shape, try on several pairs to see which look best. You’ll notice that for a round-shaped face, you’ll look better in square-shaped glasses because they can add more structure to your face. If you have a face with a variety of angles, you’ll look better in round eyewear that can tone down your strong facial features.
Summary: How do I know the shape of my face to pick the right glasses?
You must know the shape of your face to pick the right pair of glasses for you. All you need is a hair tie, a mirror, and a dry-erase marker. Pull your hair back, and trace your face to see which parts of your face are the widest. This can help you find out your face shape, making the eyewear selection process as simple as possible.
If you want to know, ‘How do I know the shape of my face to pick the right glasses?’, bookmark this blog for later. It’s easy to match your face with the right eyewear once you know your face shape.
For more help finding the best eyewear for your face shape, talk to an eye care specialist at your nearest For Eyes today.